Malaysian Society of Cinematographers (MySC)(Persatuan Sinematografer Malaysia) was initially an idea from a series of DOP Malaysia meetings and on the 24th of November. 2014, at Dataran Ukay, was appointed among them the sponsors’ authority to mobilize this idea to come true.
On 23rd December 2014, the Registry of Societies has approved the Malaysian Society of Cinematographers (MySC) (Persatuan Sinematografer Malaysia) as a National Organization which is legally binding on Malaysia.
- Unique professional film director of local film and television photography that prioritizes cultural education and intends to advance cinematographic art and science and exchange ideas, discuss techniques and promote cinematography as an art;
- Giving recognition to its members for use of ‘MySC’ at the name of every Director of local film and television photography which has demonstrated outstanding performance;
- Strive for and defend the interests, welfare and preserve and enhance the performance and image of local film and television photography directors;
- Striving from time to time to produce talented and professional talent talent in the field of cinematography;
- To strive to develop and bring Malaysian international culture and maintain Malaysian culture as the core of national culture;
- Work together with the government, especially ministries of ministries who have relationships with union activities, cultural bodies, private associations and unity associations that are in line with the policies and objectives of the association.